In order to obtain their IB Diploma and the BIS High School Diploma, students in Year 12 and 13 are required to participate in a range of CAS (Creativity, Activity, Service) activities.
Creativity activities offer opportunities to explore visual and performing arts and to think creatively. Activity activities encourage students to maintain a healthy lifestyle through physical fitness. Service activities are purposeful voluntary interactions that benefit both the students and those they work with.
Students are encouraged to show commitment, initiative and personal engagement toward their experiences and be reflective about goals set and what they have learned.
There is an emphasis on collaborative work, projects and activities that combine elements of all three Creativity, Activity, Service components.
The Awards BISP CAS students have won are:
– Project Earth Regional Winner of Asia for Outstanding Work in Environmental Education, 2011
– Project Earth World Environment Day 2012 Winner
Examples of recent IB CAS initiatives include:
- Work with the Gibbon Rehabilitation Project in Phuket
- Students work as peer mentors throughout the school and fundraise for yearly service trips to the Yaowawit School.
- Students participate in local beach clean up campaigns as well as help build Schooner IXDOS, a sailing yacht which is currently being modified to offer medical help to people in remote areas throughout Asia.
- We also work very closely with local service organisations such as Life Home Project, PAWS, SOS Children’s Village and the Phuket Sunshine Village and participate in special events to help raise funds throughout the school year to support charities such as the Phuket Has Been Good to Us Foundation (PHBGTU) and the Soi Dog Foundation to name just a few.
- Students have also raised funds to plant trees on half a hectare in Kinbatangan as part of the Fobissea Forest Restoration Project located in Borneo.
For more information on CAS at BISP, contact David Berman: firstname.lastname@example.org