In Key Stage Two, British International School Phuket continues to promote a cross-curricular approach to learning, but at this stage there is slightly more emphasis on teaching discrete subjects.
There are time-tabled slots for Literacy, Numeracy and specialist lessons* during the course of the week. Other subjects, listed below, will be taught through cross-curricular topics.
These topics change each term/half-term and have a different subject emphasis. Aspects of all the below subjects are taught over the course of a year:
- Literacy (English)
- Numeracy (Mathematics)
- Social Studies (History and Geography)
- Information Communication and Technology (ICT)
- Thai Studies*
- Art and Design Technology
- Physical Education, including swimming*
- Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE)/ Religious Education
- Modern Foreign Languages (MFL): French, Mandarin or German (Key Stage 2)*
- Library/Research Skills*
- If required English as a Second or Additional Language (ESL/EAL)*
* Subjects taught by specialist teachers