British International School Phuket
3 on 3
Friday 15th & Saturday 16th March 2019
British International School, Phuket
St. Andrews International School, Bangkok
International School of Samui, Koh Samui
HeadStart International School, Phuket
British Columbia International School, Bangkok
Prince of Wales Island International School, Penang
Thai Hua, Phuket
Hong Kong International School
Shrewsbury International School Riverside Bangkok
St. Stephen’s International School, Khao Yai
St. Andrews International School, Green Valley
Nexus International School, Malaysia
Satree Phuket School
Darasamuth Phuket School
The British International School Phuket welcomes you all to the third annual international BIS Phuket 3 on 3 Basketball tournament. Planning has been underway for several months and we do hope to make this a memorable experience for your players.
This year we welcome schools from around Phuket as well as Bangkok, Koh Samui, Khao Yai , Hong Kong and Malaysia. We wish all our visiting players and coaches the best of luck for the tournament and an enjoyable and safe stay on our island province.
Codes of conduct:
Players are expected to conduct themselves in a manner which brings credit to themselves, their schools, and the game.
Coaches are also expected to conduct themselves in a manner that reinforces their place as leaders and role models, and encourage positive communication between themselves and players, referees, administrators and the general public.
Over the two days we are using trained referees in basketball from the Phuket Basketball Association. Please understand that English is not their first language. If you would like to raise any concerns, we have a Thai teacher on hand to translate or discuss any issues.
Each school is responsible for ensuring their students are covered with comprehensive medical insurance and travel insurance if required.
A nurse will be on duty throughout the competition in the sports hall.
There will be a short managers meeting held on Friday 15thMarch at 8.15am in the upstairs sports hall.
All FIBA 3 v 3 rules apply with the following modifications:
1) 10 minute centralised running clock.
2) No overtime in round robin play. If a game is tied at the end of play, this will be recorded as a draw.
In all play-off games, there will be a period of Golden Basket if necessary – the first team to score 1 point (the team who did not begin with the ball at the start of the game, has first possession).
For Cup finals only, the first team to score 2 points wins.
3) No time-outs
4) No shot clock
5) Mercy Point – if a team reaches 21 points, the game is won (official FIBA rule). Play continues for the remaining time, however no further points are recorded.
*An official FIBA 3 v 3 size basketball will be used in all games. This is similar to a size 6 but slightly heavier.
FIBA 3 v 3 rules:
Video Demonstration of the 3 v3 rules: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN6LywHcihI
- A maximum of 5 players per team
- Players must be Under 13/Under 15 years of age on August 1st2018
- All teams to have numbered playing kit. Bibs will be provided for colour clashes (team listed second on the schedule to wear bibs)
- Scoring: 3 points for a win, 2 for a draw and 1 for a loss.
- If there is a tie on points at the end of the round robin games the following rules will be applied to determine positions:
- Result of the head to head match will be used.
- Then point difference
- Then total points scored
- Then 3 free throws each.
- Then sudden death free throws.