Flying Fish have been organising some practise sessions for the Aquathon that was held on Saturday, 6 September.
In addition to some training sessions at BISP, we held a Friday night session on 26 August at the Thanyapura venue so we could experience the swim and run course. Afterwards, all the athletes enjoyed free play in the pool and a very well deserved pizza dinner.
The morning of the event saw well over 20 BISP Flying Fish swimmers, parents and athletes enter the competition. Despite a very heavy downpour right at the start of the 3rd race, our swimmers were very strong contenders in every age group.
Congratulations to all the participants and our top 3 age group winners, including:
- Hughie W, Birdy A, Naiya N and Eden T in the Tiny Tots race
- Girls 6 & under – 1st Tegan, 2nd Ruby
- Boys 7 & 8 – 1st Tamino, 3rd Manta
- Girls 7 & 8 – 2nd Louise, 3rd Amelie
- Girls 9-10 – 3rd Olivia F
- Boys 9 & 10 – 2nd Matthew D
- Girls 11 & 12 – 3rd Hannah D
- Women Over 40’s – 1st Mrs Sabine Egger, 2nd Mrs Ginny Stocking
- Intermediate Teams – 1st Emmy & Lucy, 2nd Joey
- Seniors Teams – 2nd Vova V & Sota M