Sergio Borges is an elite level Ironman distance triathlete. He has dedicated the last 22 years to studying the art and science of triathlon training.
During this time, he has competed in hundreds of races of all distances including 23 Ironman races around the world (9:38 PR), over 60 Half Ironmans (4:12 PR), qualifying for the Hawaii Ironman World Championships seven times.
He is founder of Sergio Borges X Training (sdxtraining.com), which focuses on coaching age group athletes of all abilities, from pure beginners to Ironman Champions, including sending over 135 athletes to the Ironman World Championships in Hawaii and also coaching over 500 college athletes.
- Level III USA Triathlon coach (only 10 in the world)
- Level II ITU Triathlon Coach – Junior & U23 Development
- Level II USA Cycling coach
- Former Head Coach of the UCSD (University of California, San Diego) Triathlon Team (3 time National Champions and #1 Women Team 2006-2010)
- Head Coach of UCI (University of California, Irvine) Triathlon Team
- Head Coach of USA Team (Elite, U23 and Junior) at 2008, 2004 and 2003 Duathlon World Championships
- USAT Coach at Collegiate National Camps and Recruitment Camps at US Olympic Training Centre
On Wednesday 18 May and Friday 20 May, Sergio Borges will be holding introductory triathlon training sessions at the BISP campus.
Please see below for full details:
IMPORTANT NOTE: You should meet in the Sports Hall foyer and be prepared for running and swimming (please bring appropriate clothing)
Junior High Performance & Junior Development
Wednesday 18th May: 1500 – 1600
Junior High Performance:
Age : 14 to 18 years old.
Some exception for 13 years old based on background and performance.
Goal : Develop athletes to high performance competition, College Scholarships, professional career.
Age: 13 to 18 years old.
Goal : Develop athletes to potentially be part of the high performance team
Grass Roots & Adults
Friday 20th May: 1500 – 1700
Friday 20th May: 1500 – 1545
Age: 10-12 years old
Goal : Introduction to triathlon training and to potentially be part of the development team
Friday 20th May from 1600 – 1700 for Adults
Age : Open to all ages
Goal : Recreation and competitive
For more information, please contact Jeff LaMantia: [email protected]