For all the parents out there who want to know how to best support their children with their learning and reading, and who would like to learn more about how to use our Primary Library, these workshops are for you!
Aspects that will be covered include using the library catalogue (in the library and from home), using Tumblebooks, knowing your way around the library shelves, helping your children to develop their reading skills, and turning your children into life-long readers.
– Friday 3rd Oct 8.05-9.05 Making the most of the Primary Library: a workshop for parents (Nursery to Y6)
– Thursday 30th Oct 8.05-9.05 (repeat of the 1st workshop) Making the most of the Primary Library: a workshop for parents (Nursery to Y6)
– Thursday 13th Nov 8.05-9.05 Reading Online? A guide to E-books, Kindles and Online Children Books Apps for iPads (Y1 to Y10)
– Thursday 27th Nov 8.05-9.05 Why reading matters: helping your child to become an independent learner (Y1 to Y7)
– Thursday 8th January 8.05-9.05 Choosing the right book: help with picking entertaining books at the right level for your child (Y1 to Y6)
– Thursday 22nd January 8.05-9.05 New books in the library: a presentation of new books, trends and genres in children’s literature (Y1 to Y6)
For more information, contact Cindy Colson: [email protected]