Dear Parents and Families
We are pleased to update you on our whole school International Day Celebration which takes place on Friday 18th March from 08:15-10:30.
- This is the day when we celebrate the Nationalities that make up our school.
- All students are asked to wear either their national costume or national colours on this day.
- The event will start with a whole school Parade of Nations with students marching behind their chosen National flag at 08:15. This will take place on the pitches behind the Accounting/IT offices, near to gate 3.
According to our records we have the following Nationalities in school:
Afghanistan, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Bahrain, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, China, Congo, Costa Rica, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Laos, Luxembourg, Mexico, Republic of Moldova, Myanmar, Malaysia, Namibia, Netherlands, Norway, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Romania, Russia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Singapore, Sweden, South Africa, Turkey, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland & N. Ireland), United States, Vietnam, Zimbabwe & Thailand.
Should your child’s nationality not be on this list, please contact [email protected] as soon as possible, so that we can prepare a flag for your child to march behind.
- The Parade of Nations will be followed by student stage performances featuring music & dance from many different countries.
- Building on the success of previous years – we will again be inviting parents to celebrate the traditional food from their own country by running food stalls during the event.
For further information or to offer to run a parent food stall, please email [email protected]