In collaboration with the Thai Red Cross Society, BISP Y12 CAS students are leading a blood drive event on Tuesday, September 12th, 2023 from 9:30 AM – 2:00 PM at the BISP Conference Room in MTB.
The BISP Blood Drive is a student-led project that demonstrates the commitment of BISP students to making a positive difference in the world. By organizing this event, the students are not only helping to address a pressing issue but also developing leadership and teamwork skills. The goal of this event is to collect blood donations, particularly from those who have blood groups like Rh-. These blood types are often in high demand but are difficult to find, which is why your donation could make a significant impact.
By participating in this event, you have the opportunity to make a positive contribution to the Phuket community and potentially save someone’s life. So, if you can donate blood and have the time to spare, we invite you to join us at the BISP Conference Room in MTB on Tuesday, September 12th, 2023 from 9:30 AM – 2:00 PM.
Together, we can make a difference and help ensure that there is a sufficient supply of blood in Phuket.
To be eligible to donate whole blood, plasma, or platelets, you must be:
- In good health
- Be at least 17 years old (Anyone Under 18 Years old needs a parent’s permission)
- Weigh at least 45 kilograms.
- Able to pass the physical and health-history assessments
- * Eligibility requirements differ slightly among different types of blood donation
Tips to note before your blood donation:
- Get plenty of sleep the night before
- Eat a healthy meal before your donation. Avoid fatty foods, such as a hamburger, fries or ice cream
- Drink plenty of water before donating blood
- Check to see if any medications you are taking or recently took would prevent you from donating. For example, if you are a platelet donor, you must not take aspirin for two days before donating. Talk to your healthcare provider before you stop taking any medications
- Wear a shirt with sleeves that can be rolled up